- How do I find my device's ESN/MEID?
- I received an error that my device is not supported by Access Wireless. Why wouldn't it be eligible?
- What kinds of devices can I bring to Access Wireless?
- Can I use my Access Wireless phone if I'm traveling outside of the United States
- Can I make long distance calls with my Access Wireless phone?
- Will I incur roaming charges with my Access Wireless service?
- Can I make international calls with my Access Wireless phone?
- Is 4G coverage available in my area?
- Is there Access Wireless coverage in my area?
- Is there a minimum amount I need to replenish my account?
- Why would my account be deactivated?
- Why do I need to create an online account with Access Wireless?
- What should I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
- What is my anniversary date?
- How can I add airtime to my Access Wireless account?
- Can I add airtime before my next month is due?
- Can I pick my own phone number?
- Do I have to pass a credit check in order to use Access Wireless service?
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- Does Access Wireless charge an activation fee?
- I just activated my phone, but can't make calls. Why?
- How do I activate my Access Wireless service?
How do I find my device's ESN/MEID?
There are a few ways to find the ESN / MEID. The ESN is normally an 18-digit number labelled DEC.
The ESN/MEID is generally located on the back of devices, underneath the battery.
Dial *#06# on your phone.
For devices that do not have a removable battery, this information can usually be found under Settings About Device.
I received an error that my device is not supported by Access Wireless. Why wouldn't it be eligible?
Your phone may be incompatible, meaning it does not meet the requirements for an eligible device.
Your phone may be reported lost or stolen. Industry-wide, devices reported lost or stolen cannot be reactivated unless the flag is cleared by the original owner.
Your phone may be running custom software. Devices that have been "modded" to run a custom ROM or that otherwise run custom software or firmware may be blocked from activation.
What kinds of devices can I bring to Access Wireless?
Devices that meet the requirements of either an Eligible Sprint Device or an Eligible Non-Sprint Device are eligible to be activated on Access Wireless
Eligible Sprint device is a device that:
- has not had its operating system altered or modified in any way;
- is not “hot-line” or “account hold” status with Sprint or Sprint Affiliates;
- has met or completed all financial and contractual obligations or commitments with Sprint, i.e., is a
Financially Eligible Device (“FED”);
- has not been reported as lost or stolen;
- has the original ESN as assigned by the manufacturer;
- has been approved by Sprint as a model that may be activated under the BYOD Program and remains on Sprint’s approved list of eligible models; and
- is branded by Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Assurance Wireless, or any other brand or trademark owned by or licensed to Sprint.
Eligible Non-Sprint Device is a device that:
- Is developed to another carrier’s specifications
- Is maintained by Sprint in its device inventory systems or is eligible to be added into system
- must be unlocked by the prior carrier.
- has not been reported as lost or stolen; and was not fraudulently obtained;
- has the original ESN as assigned by the manufacturer;
- has been approved by Sprint as a device that may be activated under the BYOD Program, and it remains on Sprint’s approved list of eligible models;
Can I use my Access Wireless phone if I'm traveling outside of the United States
Not at this time.
Can I make long distance calls with my Access Wireless phone?
Yes. Domestic long distance is included with your Access Wireless service. Local per minute rates apply and include the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Will I incur roaming charges with my Access Wireless service?
No, you will not incur roaming charges with your Access Wireless service. You can use your Access Wireless phone anywhere in the Access Wireless and extended digital coverage area across the United States.
Can I make international calls with my Access Wireless phone?
Yes. Dial #ILD (#453) from your phone to initiate an international call. International long distance rates vary by country. Charges to make international long distance calls are rounded up to the nearest minute. For a complete listing of international long distance calling rates, click here.
Is 4G coverage available in my area?
Access Wireless customers have access to Sprint’s LTE Network, where applicable by device and location.* Click here to check coverage in your area. Be sure to toggle the 4G option provided.
*Sprint’s 4G LTE networks is available in 584 markets, and reaches over 270 million people on select devices. Sprint’s 3G network reaches over 282 million people.
*Sprint is a trademark of Sprint
Is there Access Wireless coverage in my area?
Access Wireless customers have access to voice and data service reaching more than 282 million people. Click here to view our coverage map.
Is there a minimum amount I need to replenish my account?
To keep your account active, you need to add at least $20 every 90 days. If you purchase a plan or add $20 to your account before the current balance on your account expires, any unused dollars will automatically be rolled over to your new account balance expiration date.
Why would my account be deactivated?
Your account may be deactivated if you have not purchased a monthly plan or added airtime to your account in the past 90 days. To keep your service working, you need to renew your monthly plan or add airtime to your account every 90 days, even if you have money in your account.
If you don’t keep your account active, you will not be able to make or receive calls until you replenish your account.
Why do I need to create an online account with Access Wireless?
It's easy to manage all of your Access Wireless needs when you set up an account online. You can log on to My Account to check your account balance, view your call details, add airtime, and make changes to your Access Wireless account.
What should I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
Call Customer Care immediately at 1-866-594-3644 to report the phone lost or stolen. An agent will suspend the phone so it cannot be used.
What is my anniversary date?
The anniversary date is the monthly plan renewal date. Monthly plans are good for 30 days beginning on the rate plan purchase date. Enroll in autopay or make sure you have a sufficient account balance to automatically renew your next month of service.
How can I add airtime to my Access Wireless account?
Easily manage your airtime needs by going to accesswireless.com/myaccount or dial 611 from your Access Wireless phone.
- Sign up for Auto Pay and automatically renew your monthly plan using your credit or debit card.
- Make one-time payments using your credit or debit card.
- Purchase an Access Wireless airtime card at any one of the Kroger family of stores, Speedway, Family Dollar and more. For a complete list of retail locations where Access Wireless is sold, click here.
Can I add airtime before my next month is due?
Yes, you can add airtime at any time using an airtime card or valid credit or debit card. Your monthly plan will automatically renew if you have a sufficient account balance. You may also use your account balance to purchase data bolt-ons or to make international long distance calls.
Can I pick my own phone number?
A phone number will be automatically assigned based on the zip code provided, unless you are porting your number from another service provided.
Do I have to pass a credit check in order to use Access Wireless service?
No, with Access Wireless, you do not have to pass a credit check.
Do I have to sign a contract?
No, with Access Wireless, there are no contracts to sign. We believe in earning our customers’ business everyday by providing them with great service and great value.
Does Access Wireless charge an activation fee?
No, there is not an activation fee for your Access Wireless service.
I just activated my phone, but can't make calls. Why?
There could be a few reasons. Check the following:
- Did your phone complete the Over-the-air activation process? If not, try the step below.
- If you are using an Android device, dial ##72786#.
- If you are using an iPhone device, dial ##873283# and tap the call button.
- Did you successfully purchase a monthly plan? You can confirm your plan purchase by signing into your account at accesswireless.com/account.
- Do you have sufficient network coverage? Check coverage here.
If you are still unable to make or receive calls, contact Customer Care at 1-866-594-3644.
How do I activate my Access Wireless service?
To activate your Access Wireless account, simply go to www.accesswireless.com/activate. Follow on-screen prompts to setup service. You will need your phone’s ESN/MEID to start the activation process.
Be sure that your battery is fully charged before you begin making or receiving calls.